Yep... that's right, folks... Noodle #2 is on it's way. I'm 14 1/2 weeks pregnant and expecting the new addition the second week of April -- one day after my 30th birthday to be exact! However, if this one has any of the same ideas as big brother, i.e. "get me outta here ASAP"... it may be more like March!
We're more than thrilled and can't wait to meet the new little one. We've yet to figure out a way of how to tell big brother, but I'm sure that will all come soon enough... or he'll just have to figure it out on his own! (I'm really toying with the idea of just bringing the baby home and telling him then -- probably not the best plan, however.)
some food for thought about #2 so far... (mmm.... food!):
1. I seriously forgot how much being pregnant and me do NOT get along. My husband did remember, however, and it's been his first real "I-told-you-so" moment of our marraige.
2. You have to be very creative when explaining to a 2-year-old what vomitting is. (Noah has found me hunched over the toilet on several occasions with quite a bewildered look on his face.)
3. This baby does NOT appreciate the smell of Chinese food coming through my bedroom window from my downstairs neighbors at 3am... neither does it appreciate most of the smells of NYC streets/subway system.
4. Trying to keep up with a toddler while pregnant is just a whole different ball game. (It makes breaking up middle school fights seem like a breeze!)
5. Figuring out the logistics of adding a second baby to our life in NYC might just be harder than getting through grad school.
I'm sure there will be more to come :)