Thursday, April 3, 2008

the tortoise and the hare

This week for playgroup we had a lesson about "fast and slow". I thought it would be fun to read the story of the "Tortoise and the Hare" and have the boys act it out. So, I pulled out the bunny ears we made for Easter and then made a tortoise shell out of posterboard and some rope.

I honestly didn't think they'd even be interested in doing this, but we tried it anyway. To my surprise Noah LOVED the tortoise shell. Christian was a good sport and wore the bunny ears. He chased Noah down the hallway and pretended to sleep, while Noah crawled along and won the "race". Meanwhile Eddie hung out at the finish line and cheered them on.
It was really cute. Noah then decided that he wanted to be a tortoise for the day.

Here's a pic of the duo playing trucks after the race:


2 comments:

Ellen said...

What a great idea! Noah's a lucky boy to have such a creative mommy.

lsnarr said...

I would have to agree with ellen.