myth: the terrible 2's aren't real.
fact: the terrible 2's are VERY real.
Either someone has been slipping my kid crazy pills this past week, or he'll be 2 in 12 days and it couldn't be more apparent.
some recent observations:
1. I will be asking his Dr. for a hearing test because it seems that his hearing is rapidly deteriorating (i.e. that whole selective hearing thing is alive and well).
2. The answer to any of mommy's questions or suggestions is an automatic "NO!" (even if I told him we were going to eat ice cream while watching Mickey on a bus going to the sandbox!)
3. I've given more time-outs in the last week than I care to count.
4. It's suddenly cool to kick and scream at every diaper change and meal.
5. I've witnessed more manipulative moves from my soon-to-be-2-year-old in this past week than I did in the 2 years that I taught middle school!
I'd really just like to sneak a peek into that little brain of his and see what in the world is going on. If I could just understand what makes him tick, maybe I could come up with some better ways of handling it.
Help! I need some toddler parenting advice... how do you make it through the 2's???