Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Noodle!


It is absolutely blowing my mind that Noah is a year old today. It definitely has been a crazy year, especially as we were thrown into Jon's residency at the same time as we were adjusting to parenthood - but it really has been an amazing journey.

Noah couldn't have had a better day today. He has been battling a cold for the past few days and I have been so worried that he would be fussy all day, but he woke up so cheery and cute and stayed that way all day.

He was so chatty all day. He learned 2 new words today ("da-da" and "hi" -- he's been trying to perfect that one for a little while now, but today he started waving and saying "hi" in context). And I am proud to report that I was able to get him to play the recorder that we got him for his b-day! (I'm a very proud mommy/music teacher). Such a great day of milestones.

On Sunday we celebrated his big day with my family and Jon's family who were in town. Noah made out like a bandit with lots of awesome presents.

One of my recent projects was his b-day cake. We had a baby einstein theme party and I attempted to make a caterpillar cake. With a little help from 2 of my friends who happen to be cake decorators, and an idea online, this is what I came up with:




I wish I had more time to prepare it, but we had been away for the weekend so I had to sort of throw it together at the end. Not bad for a first attempt, though. I ran out of red icing and I wanted to do a double-layer version, but I had to get over it , because there was no time for that!

Noah eating his first bites of sugar was very entertaining! He really didn't know what to do with it... which actually shocked me. I thought for sure he would devour it in one bite. But I don't think he liked the texture very much so he kept spitting it out. (that is, after he wiped frosting all over his clothes and face.)


We also played "pin the antennae on the caterpillar". Very exciting. My BIL spun me around really hard and I got incredibly dizzy and had no idea where I was... No fair! Everyone got a little too rowdy. So, we ended the evening with an episode of baby einstein to calm everyone down. (It really does have that mezmorizing effect!)


Happy Birthday, Noah! I'm so glad you're mine!





for more 1st b-day pics click here.

No comments: