Monday, July 28, 2008

Noah reads! (sort of)

One of Noah's favorite things to do lately is "wead books?!?" -- which is really one of those things that every parent is proud of and LOVES to brag about. And let's be honest, I'm no different! So, here it goes... everyday right after his nap, I go into his room get him up and he automatically asks to read books. So, we sit for close to an hour while he goes through almost every book on his shelf... it's usually after the 10th reading of "Where's My Teddy?" that I try to change the activity by either coaxing him outside or by "pwaying twucks!" with him. However, lately, he's been getting bored in the morning while I'm trying to get ready for the day, and I've been finding him in his room reading his books (even while Mickey is on!). He's even gotten to the point where he's memorized several of his favorites and recites them with all the gusto he can muster up, complete with mommy's voice inflections. He makes up his own little nonsense words sometimes when he doesn't remember the correct one, but he still tries to say it the same way I do. And I must say... it's really cute.

check out what I caught:



7 comments:

Kelleen said...

That is definitely brag worthy. How cute is that? Maybe he could do story time for all the kids at lunch bunch.

nyc_ransoms said...

So cute. I tried to catch a few videos of Owen doing this but he would clam up whenever he saw me. I love that they adopt your voice inflection so I am a bit over the top when I read to them b/c I love to hear their little voices "read" that way.

I suggest "Don't let the pigeon drive the bus" for a lunch bunch read. It is really cute how into screaming "NO!" the kids get.

Cathy said...

Oh my what a cutie. Great voice inflection he sounds just like Jess. Love how he points to the words. Miss you guys Nana

lsnarr said...

Thanks Noah for a great story time! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

You must get a copy of "Guys from Space." Guys like Noah love it. It's out of print, but you can still find copies. It's worth it, trust me.

Ellen said...

Sonja sat on my lap and watched the video with me. I think she remembers him still! We were both impressed and amused. So smart. He's changed a lot just in the little bit we've been gone.

stacey said...

oh. my. gosh. this is the cutest thing i've seen in a long time! I love it. honestly, i don't understand what he's saying most of the time, but he sure seems to be confident. priceless. what a blessing to have technolgy to capture this kind of stuff.