Sunday, August 10, 2008

Belmar beach

On Saturday we took advantage of one of Jon's few-and-far-between-weekends-off, rented a car and headed to our favorite little NJ beach. It's just a small beach town on the northern most point of the Jersey shore. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the most exciting part about it for Noah was the fact that there were playgrounds on the beach about every block (also the most exciting part of it for us too!)

Noah loved playing in the sand and was completely entertained playing under the umbrella for a long time (it's a good thing too, because I was being seriously neurotic about keeping him on a regular sunscreen application schedule.) He got kinda freaked out by the waves in the water after one got uncomfortably close to him, so we spent most of the time chillin' on the blanket and taking turns watching him on the playground. We stopped for some ice cream on the way out and called it a day... a really good day.

staying cool in the shade


**overcoming his fear of slides!

practicing his rock climbing skills

**on another note, I think he's finally overcome his fear of slides that he's had for the past 6 months... I'm pretty sure I traumatized him awhile back but that's all for another post!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute photos, Jessie! One of my favorite things to do is to sit on a Maine beach with my Noah and Claire. These photos make me homesick for them. I'm glad you had a great time at the shore. (Jersey, you know. Has to be the shore.) Huzzah!

Malesa said...

Looks like fun! I hope this isn't too mean, but I think it's kind of funny that he was afraid of slides. However, I'm glad that he is over is slide-a-phobia.

lsnarr said...

It does look like you had a lot of fun. Every once in awhile it's good to "get out of Dodge", and what better place than at the shore!

Ambam & Pants said...

This makes me very excited for our upcoming beach trip-man, I've gotta hit the tanning bed!

sonya d said...

I love Belmar, too, and Spring Lake next door. I am partial to the Jersey shore.

tom and cathy said...

What cute pictures. Can't wait till we are having fun on the Pacific side. Nana

Amy said...

I stinkin' love the beach! I think we're going this weekend!

Jeni Everett said...

Jessica,
I just googled your name and here you are! I have been thinking about you these past few weeks and had no idea how to get a hold of you. I love your little family. Noah is such a sweet boy. I cannot believe that you and John have been married for 7 years. It seemed like yesterday that you guys were getting married! I hope you are doing so well. Please, please keep in touch. Oh, and we still have the bib that you made for Katie when she was born. Take a look at our blog at tomandjeni.blogspot.com